There’s a brand of cookies here in Italy called “grisbi” with a gooey chocolate topping which I loved soo much growing up. I had a craving for them and decided to try and whip a gluten and dairy free version.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup of dates (roughly 5 medjool dates)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (or any other type of milk you prefer)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50gr dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed (optional, if you like some extra crunchiness).
- Blend the dates, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla essence in a food processor.
- While blending, add the other ingredients and blend until a dough is formed.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the mixture and bake for 15min in a preheated 180c oven.
- Allow to cool slightly – then enjoy 🙂