There’s something about Italians and the joy they find in feeding people 😉
These are some delicious, nutritious and very easy to make brownies for those times when you want to bring some last minute healthy treats to your friend’s house. Oh, and they’re also gluten free 🙂
- 2x cans of black beans (this will make the GF base)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- Preheat oven to 180g.
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Melt coconut oil on stove until clear.
- Blend all ingredients except eggs in food processor until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until well beaten (this will be key to fudgy brownies)
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 20x20cm pan and bake 25–30 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes then cut.
- Let cool another 15 minutes and serve.