You need to try these fluffy and moist gluten free muffins. They have the perfect amount of sweetness from bananas and are also freezer-friendly and great for breakfast or snacks! You won’t believe how soft and fluffy they are – especially since they are gluten free. I’m reminded of the ad; “I can’t believe it’s not butter!”
- 2 big (or 3 medium sized) ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tbls olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or any type of milk you prefer).
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (you can substitute the walnuts for 50gr of chocolate chips if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin tin with 6 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the buckwheat flour, baking soda, salt, coconut milk and the chopped walnuts. Combine well together.
- Divide batter evenly between the muffins liners. Bake for 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to allow them to cool.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top (optional).
To make as a bread: Pour batter into a loaf pan greased and lined with baking paper. Bake for 40-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.