You need to try these fluffy and moist gluten free muffins. They have the perfect amount of sweetness from bananas and are also freezer-friendly and great for breakfast or snacks! You won’t believe how soft and fluffy they are – especially since they are gluten free. I’m reminded of the ad; “I can’t believe it’s not butter!”
- 2 big (or 3 medium sized) ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tbls olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or any type of milk you prefer).
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 50gr of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin tin with 6 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, eggs, vanilla extract, olive oil and honey until smooth. Add the buckwheat flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt, coconut milk the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips if using, Combine well together.
- Divide batter evenly between the muffins liners. Bake for 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to allow them to cool.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top (optional).
To make as a bread: Pour batter into a loaf pan greased and lined with baking paper. Bake for 40-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.