These Dark Chocolate truffles are quick and easy to make and so delicious!
200gr of 70% dark chocolate
1 Tbls of coconut oil
1/3 cup of coconut milk
pinch of sea salt
2 drops of cinnamon essential oil
1 drop ginger essential oil*
1 drop nutmeg essential oil*
1 drop clove essential oil*
Cacao powder and or shredded coconut for rolling
*(You can use powdered ginger, nutmeg and clove if you don’t have the essential oils but I do recommend to at least add the cinnamon oil to add a touch of sweetness and the great flavour).
- Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set aside
- Combine the coconut oil, milk and pinch of salt in a small saucepan and bring to simmer (do not boil).
- Pour mixture over reserved chopped chocolate and start stirring until melted and smooth.
- Add the essential oils.
- Let sit in the fridge for 15 min (stir 3 times every 5 min. so the mixture does not become too hard to be able to roll the chocolate into balls).
- With a spoon make into balls, rolling each into the palm of your hands to smooth.
- Makes 12 truffles and can be refrigerated for up to two weeks. Let stand at room temperature before serving.